Monday 31 October 2016

DOMINO DANCING, BEAR HUNT, NORTH COAST, SPEEDING TICKETS


I love running at this time of the year.  Clear bright skies, running on a carpet of crunchy Autumnal leaves and fairly mild weather as well for the last fortnight. This last week has been a busy week of running again. Four runs completed including a 6 miler on Sunday. Tuesday saw me on the Outer Ring with Gill to Domino's Pizzas and back (no, I didn't bring a pizza back with me) which was nice and gentle.  Not the most glamorous run to be fair.

Wednesday saw me back on the treadmill at Castleknock Hotel whilst on some work business for some speed work.  When I say 'speed work' I mean slightly less slow than usual!


Mountsandel Forest
I am still trying to track down Bear Grylls to see if we can get some publicity sorted for my marathon run.  Bear is one of the new chief patrons of the charity HOPE FOR YOUTH NI which was founded back in 1972 by his grandmother.  I know he's busy with his final few live shows. The bear hunt continues!


Coffee at KOKO
Gill, Nigel and Mary 
The weekend saw me up the North Coast with family.  What better way to prepare for a morning run than with a Cabernet Sauvignon tasting night the night before.  Saturday morning was beautiful at Mountsandel forest, one of the nicest runs I've had in a while. 

The trail was full of fallen leaves and plenty of rowers on the River Bann. Great to run with good company including Gill and sister-in-law, Mary. Coffee at KOKO in Portrush followed. Great coffee and amazing views as well.

Sunday saw me out locally again for 6 miles which I found tough with plenty of hill work too.  

I ran past a traffic speed camera at the side of the road.  I await the speeding ticket! Finished with a peanut butter, banana and vanilla yogurt milkshake! Rock 'n' roll.

Finally, good luck to my friend Vicki and her buddy Colleen as they head off later this week to New York for the marathon next weekend. What an adventure that will be. I know you guys will smash it!